So I've been a bit stressed out and down on myself lately.
Recently I have had friends tell me I am "supermom". A title which I definitely don't feel like I live up to. I don't TRY to, so whenever someone says that I feel that little chuckle inside that says "yeah, if they only knew you are nowhere NEAR that!" And this is where I get down on myself.
The house is always a mess (not like gross, but you know, I have two kids, a husband and two dogs), the laundry is never caught up, I work too much, I don't spend enough time with the kids, I don't make enough money, I don't do enough for my husband, I don't do enough for me, I don't do enough to help others, etc etc etc...
All of these things spin around in my head almost constantly and bog me down, stress me out. It's a bit overwhelming. I've been praying for help, something to tell me what to do, how to de-stress my life. And you know what I get?! All of a sudden out of no where I have this desire to do volunteer work.
So I'm sitting here thinking about this one night, like "Ok God, I know you have a grand plan, but I don't know how you expect me to pull this off". I mean, I know they say God never gives you more then you can handle, but I sometimes wonder if he severely overestimates my abilities (and psychological capacity at that). Every night I have been praying about this. Not just the volunteer work (which I have decided to wait a bit till the baby is a older to start on that one), but on all the rest of it. All those other things that I feel like I don't do well enough...
Fast forward to today, and I get a package in the mail. It was actually some things I ordered for my cloth diapers which makes this even more obvious that it's no coincidence. I'm opening the package and I get to the packing receipt and stapled to it is a little card with a poem and a verse on it:
God's love is always with you
His promises are true.
And when you give your cares to him,
Just trust - He'll see you through
Cast your cares upon the Lord and he will sustain you
Psalm 55:22
Ok ok, I can take a hint. So this is the answer to my prayers...It's not twice as much money at half the hours, not a miraculously clean house or folded laundry, it's a reminder. A reminder of who is in control and that all I need to do is remember that, pray, and trust that things will work out as they should. I don't need to be overwhelmed at all the things that I sometimes think I don't do well enough.
And when I am feeling that voice in my head, that little chuckle that mocks me and tells me what I am doing isn't good enough: I just need to stop, take a breath and tell it to quiet down.
Because I may not be supermom, but I am the best mom I know how to be...And that is just fine with me.
One Post a Month: April
9 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment