This past weekend, as everyone knows, was Mother's Day. It's such a fun day in our family. The husbands plan a dinner which usually ends up being burgers (what a great weekend for it too! Pretty much the only decent weather this year for eating outside), and then we all sit together in the living room and give each other a gift. This year we had to have Mother's Day at my parent's house a day early, but it was still just as special.
Sunday, which was actual Mother's Day, was a great day as well. The first 2/3 of the day I spent at work though, which was not exactly how I would have liked to spend it but I had a nice day talking with everyone at work and sharing silly stories of our kids.
I had told Chan not to get me anything, but couldn't help himself and when he dropped me off for work for the day I gave him a list of three things I wanted. When he picked me up and brought me home, he told me to grab something out of the trunk, and it was a shoe box! He bought be some beautiful new shoes that I had been wanting but didn't want to buy for myself (I have issues spending money on me, as most mothers do I think). After that we went out for a nice steak dinner and then came home to watch Sherlock Holmes, which I had been wanting to see but we never made it out to the theater when it had been released. The kids had gone to bed early, and I enjoyed a nice glass of syrah while we watched it. Then we were both so sleepy we crashed right after.
I got some other great gifts from family, shoes from my mom, starbucks cards from my sisters (the best gift for a mom!) and two great cookbooks from my sister in law. But of course, the greatest gift of all the the reason I get to celebrate in the first place, my beautiful baby girls! I don't even know who I would be if they weren't here. And my wonderful husband who is the best husband and father ever!
All in all it was the perfect Mother's Day (minus the having to work part).





No comments:
Post a Comment