Thursday, July 29, 2010

Life's Lessons...

Wow what a month July has been!

I realise that I have not updated in a while. I definitly haven't forgotten this, I just haven't had a ton of motivation to really sit down and write *not to mention no time either*. Recent life events have left me more then slightly drained, as our family has prepared for the uncertainty of major life changes. Now, don't get yourselves too worried, we are ok, but it has definitly got me thinking about things that I don't often pull to the forefront of my mind. Hard times, uncertain times...And how people often deal with them.

Not that I have never been a religious person, but I haven't always been a "church" person. I enjoy church, but I have never made it a priority. That has changed now. I don't by any means think that I get any extra brownie points from God for going to church..Plenty of people go every week and manage to do damage to other people's lives. Even still I don't think that making it a priority will make my life easier (not that it's hard in comparison to many). I just love the lesson. I have been trying much harder to make my work schedule work around church as apposed to the opposite which is what I was doing before. I still can't make it EVERY weekend, but the majourity, and even if I cannot my husband takes the kids. That is most important - that my kids go. I don't want them growing up not knowing about God the way they should, and that was another of my main motivations.

I guess that is how my little family has dealt with one of our darker periods of life (of which we are finally coming over the fence on), we are bringing ourselves closer to God, and in return God is bringing us closer to each other. Sometimes it feels like we kept getting knocked down, but we are able to stand together, and find the good in a situation and come up from it. If the path of our lives leads us to be knocked off the path again, then we will stand up and get back on. And that is how it goes.

And so, I ask you this question: How will you handle the dark days that come your way? They can't always be sunny.

And when your children go through the tough times in their lives, and they will, what will you tell them about your life experiences?? Did you ask "why me?!" or did you see what you could do to help those still less fortunate then you? Did you take the easy way out and run away, or did you stand head on into the storm and fight through till the problem was resolved?

Perhaps this post is a bit off topic from what my blog is about, but I think it is important. Our children will always look at how we handle all situations in life. They will mimic us, learn from us...

...How do you want them to see you?

No comments:

Post a Comment