Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Potty Days....

Woohoo I got both kids down for a nap together AGAIN *dang I'm good!* Although I'm pretty sure this will be short lived because Kali has been asleep much longer then Chenda (she's a sleep fighter). So this might have to be a quicky.

Our main focus (well, one of them) right now is getting Chenda potty trained. She's doing pretty well, actually, but seems to have lost interest the last couple of days. I think it's because we have had a few really nice days and she wants to be out playing after months of being couped up in the house. I even asked her yesterday if she wanted panties and she told me "no mommy!", so I didn't push it but asked her after her next diaper change and she said she did. She did really well but then after about an hour took it off, and brought me a diaper and said "byper mommy"...So i put it on her. And that was that! She still "peepee pottied" a few times but really right now doesn't have a whole lot of interest in the panties.

I have heard some hardcore mommies online talk about this "3 day potty training" stuff before and I thought I would look into it. So I googled it and (wouldn't you know) you have to BUY it. Like $30!! Uhm, no thanks! I kind of read up on it and it's pretty much you put the kid in undies and let them run around the house in them. Then after a few days they get it and want to potty on the toilet more to keep dry. And you wake them up at night to potty so you do day and night training at once.

Ok, first off, I don't need to pay that kind of money to figure out that just letting them wet/soil themselves for three days is going to help, and if anyone knows my toddler, waking her at night to pee would only mean I would probably not get back to bed! The offficial website even says that if you have an infant it probably won't work because you have to give your WHOLE attention to the kid in training (probably chasing them around cleaning up pee and poop all day)....Soooo pretty much that's out. I'm sure we'll get through this, but it would be nice to be done with diapers for Chenda. I just hope we get it done before the fall because we might look into some spring time three-year-old preschool programs and I'm pretty sure potty trained is a pre-requisite.

Chenda is becoming such a smart little kid! She is really starting to pick up on colors, shapes, numbers, etc....She can count to 10 all on her own, and draw hearts, circles, and triangles! She also knows a lot of shapes by name, and can sing her ABCs. It's really fun to watch her grow intellectually after watching her develop physically as a baby. This is like a whole new world! A lot of people who know her know that she really only started talking after her second birthday, so all of this new communication is a lot of fun...Except the "no mommy!"'s I get on a daily basis! But that's just a part of her learning her independence and I usually get what I want out of her anyway. Speaking of, it's amazing what you can get a toddler to do while singing the "clean up!" song from Barney!!!

Kali is on her way to crawling! She's pretty much got it down backward, and is working on forward movement. But I'm really excited to see how she discovers her world once she's mobile (I'm sure I'll be taking this back when she's all over the place in a month!) I think she might be teething again because she's back to waking every couple of hours wanting to chew on everything. I was really enjoying the rest I've been getting but I suppose it will just have to wait until they are out of the house or something in 18-20 years. I am most likely going to graduate her from her bassinet to the crib today and I'm pretty excited about it! Maybe she'll sleep better in there, since she will have more room to wiggle.

I can't believe how big she is getting! I found myself the other day looking up things to do for her first birthday! I was thinking a joint birthday party for both of them maybe at the Children's Museum would be fun, but not sure yet. It blows my mind that in just 5 months I will be the mom of a one year old AND a three year old! What a whirlwind!

Life continues to truck along here in our home, and what a great adventure it's been!

No comments:

Post a Comment