Sunday, June 6, 2010

It's been a while!


So I've been a little busy lately. Well, actually a lot busy! We had family come into town and visit us for a week. Talk about tons of fun! All of them stayed at my house (about 6 in total), and the babes finally got to meet their cousin. They had tons of fun playing around when the weather was nice (it wasn't for most of the days, but we still had a great time and did many outside activities). Travelling around the state was a really great experience. It's not often we take the time to see how beautiful OUR home is! People are so often wanting to see where other people live, what other states look like, but when you just hop in the car and take in your own home it's a totally worth wile experience. Of course, I have the privilege of living in the best state ever, so I suppose I'm biased.

After a week off it was definitely hard to leave the kids and head back to work! Lucky (not lucky) for me we all got sick this week to I ended up having to stay home one of my return-to-work days. I have to say I have never known life so hard as to be home alone with two sick little ones! I was thinking how when Chenda was a baby (my only baby) I would remember how easy life was before I had kids. Not to say that I have ever wished I didn't have them, quite the opposite, but who doesn't think things are simpler when you just have you and your spouse to worry about?? Well, to my surprise I found myself saying "wow, I remember how easy it was with one kid! Two is so much harder when they are sick!". I got a good chuckle out of that thought. It's funny how life's blessings also bring on some of our most challenging moments...

Take my strong willed two year old, for example. This kid tests my overflowing cup of patience like nothing else. And if you know me you know that cup is DEFINITELY overflowing, and yet I find myself getting flustered more then ever. Not that she's BAD by any means. She is a sweet and loving little girl who loves to be fun! Her determination, strong personality and ability to hyper-focus on a tasks is something that most adults lack....But I think I'm starting to see why God gave me the gift of patience! I do look forward to 20 years from now to see what she is doing in life. Maybe kicking butt and taking names in some top career, who knows?! She's definitely got the goods already to be the best at anything she does! For now, we are getting through the "terrible two's" and she's cuddling in bed going "night night" with her daddy while I type away.

Little baby Kali is in her early attempts to become mobile. If I thought things were difficult NOW I wonder how they will be a month from now! She's not quite made her forward motion yet, but she's pushing up on hands and knees so I know it's not far off. I still can't believe it's been almost 7 months since her birth! Her first birthday is going to be here before we know it and I still see her as that little newborn sleeping on my chest. Even Chan the other day was telling me that he keeps thinking she won't be able to eat cake at her birthday, because he still sees her that way too. Of course, we'll probably think that way when she's a teenager!

The little ones are growing up before our eyes! I know they are still small and I shouldn't look so far into the future, but the future keeps coming before I'm ready for it so I might as well be prepared right? I feel like I'm going to blink and when I open my eyes I'll be sitting there holding my grand kids or something! Maybe I'm crazy (probably) but it's true. I'm sure that's how my parents feel. In the mean time, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy these short, precious times with my babies and take it all in, through the fun, and the frustrating... because I know it doesn't last forever.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good vacation. Sorry you guys got sick though. Too much fun :)

    ReplyDelete