Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Growing up!

I realize that I am wayyyyy overdue for an update here. My apologies, but I figure it's OK. A lot has gone on in the last couple months, and has kept me quite busy from blogging, and really doing much of anything.

The kids are growing in leaps and bounds here. Kali is officially mobile and expect she will be walking in the next couple of months. She is already trying to walk from one thing to the other, but the balance isn't there yet so she just lets go and falls. She's really giving it some good tries though!! She is now eating mostly table foods, so I haven't made her baby food in a long time. She really doesn't like the purees much and prefers mashed soft fruits and veggies that she can pick up and eat herself. This is quite a surprise for me, since Chenda was on the purees for a long time and didn't have a lot of interest in table foods until she was slightly older.

I tell you, once you think you have parenting figured out you have another kid! They are so different but similar at the same time!!

On top of the table foods, Kali also has a taste for anything laying on the floor. I am constantly vacuuming/chasing her around digging something out of her mouth before she chokes on it. This is one of the things she is just like her big sister on. Chenda did her fair share of choking on stuff off the floor when she was a baby, and Kali is no different! So I am whipping out the vacuum about 3 times a day and sucking up everything i can.

Still a boobie monster, Kali loves to nurse. I think this is great, although at night she is waking up several times wanting to "comfort nurse" which is making me very tired. I talked to the pediatrician about it and hoping to implement some of her ideas soon. Another thing I don't like so much is TEETH!! AHHH! Well, of course I like that she has teeth but not while she is nursing and, well, you get the picture.

We are also going through some (OK major) separation anxiety with her too. Perhaps because I wasn't nursing Chenda at this age she was never really like that. Chenda would literally shut the door in my face when I dropped her off somewhere to go to work. Kali doesn't want anyone but me. Even Chan can't hold her if I am in the same room. It's definitely different and taking some getting used to since I can hardly leave the room to go to the bathroom without a little one chasing after me crying! But I do love that she wants to be around me so much and I will definitely miss it when she is OK with me not being around when she is older.


Speaking of going to the bathroom....Potty training Chenda is still underway, but getting better. She's got the #1s down but the poos are a bit more difficult. I am trying to convince her that squatting in the backyard isn't where we do that, we need to go in the potty, but it's really not sticking too well. I'm sure she'll figure it out soon though! I can't wait for the day we aren't spending money on pull ups for her!

Chenda is getting great at counting, and ABCs and all that! She can count to five in English, Khmer and Spanish and can say please, more, and *we are working on* thank you in sign language. Kali can also say "more" in sign language too. Chenda loves to play mommy to her dolls and baby sister too! Sometimes she tries to discipline her baby sister, which kind of makes me laugh because she's not doing anything to hurt her but I have to tell her no because I don't want her to think it's OK to give her sister a spank!

My babies are growing up so fast! I will try to not make it so long before my next post, but as you can tell I'm sure things are nuts around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment