I swear I'm so spacey, I didn't even realise it. There is so much we have been doing lately (and some stuff we've always done) to be more earth concious.
*For one we have always kept a garden in the summer. We grow everything from herbs to tomatoes to lettuce and everything in between. It's more Chan's project: I've never been much of a gardener...But I do enjoy helping out by cooking all those delicious veggies!! This year I intend on being better about par-cooking and freezing the veggies that can withstand it so that we can enjoy them for a longer period of time.
*We switched Kali to cloth diapers. Fuzzi Bunz to be exact. I love them...They save me money and they save the landfill from not only more diapers that will take centuries to decompose, but it keeps the human waste out *yuck* and in the sewer system where it belongs.
*Started using natural cleaning agents. We have been using 7th Generation cleaning products. I love them. I have always been one of those people who is paranoid about setting stuff on the tables or counters that would go in to the kids' mouths. Now I dont have to worry so much anymore. We also wash our clothes in cold water, and I clean the hard floors with a steam mop. It not only doesn't need chemical cleaners but works off straight tap water and gets hot enough to sanitize the floors.
*Chan's car will very soon be able to run off E-90 Flex Fuel. I'll bo honest I dont really know what that means, but I do know it burns way cleaner then regular fuel (and on another good note costs less then $2 a gallon)
*Keep lights off during the day...This will be much easier when the sun decides to come out, but we can still keep it minimal.
*I will very soon be making all of Kali's baby food out of organic fruits and veggies (and when our garden is ready out of veggies right out of our backyard!)
So those are the things we do to help the environment (and our wallets too really!) What do you do?? I think it's important no matter what you feel about global warming to do your part to help the Earth. After all, we only have one home and just as we all want to keep our houses clean we should also want to keep the world outside clean as well, as we need the world to sustain us all.
One Post a Month: April
9 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment