Saturday, November 6, 2010

Halloween and other Shenanigans!


Halloween is definitely one of my favorite times of year. I find now that I have children, it's even better! Especially this year, since Chenda is finally into it enough to do things like pick out her own costume, sit still (sort of) for face paint, and help gut the pumpkins without throwing the goop and/or eating the seeds and choking on them. This year, her costume of choice was a black and pink Kitty Cat...Which ended up driving my CRAZY by the end of the night because the pink fuzzy trim kept falling off of it! But it was still cute.


Of course, in the spirit of having 2 girls, daddy wanted to get baby sister a matching costume, and since the closest we could find was a pink and black leopard, that is what we went with.




The night before Halloween we had a family pumpkin carving session! It was a lot of fun. Chenda helped us gut them and tape on our stencils, and then Daddy and I carved them out. They actually came out really well! Halloween was spent out and about trick or treating! Chenda started out with some pretty nice face painting that was smudged into oblivion in about 10 minutes, and halfway through the evening her costume was coming apart at the seams (remind me next year to just spend the extra $10 and get the nicer costume) but she loved it, and Kali even seemed to enjoy being out in the fresh air! It was definitely a fun night and I can't wait till next year to see what their little imaginations spark them to dress up as again.

Little Kali is an official full-time walker, and she is busy busy busy! I thought the two of them would be trouble once this happened and boy was I right!! They are in to EVERYTHING! But alas, they make trouble so cutely that it's hard to be mad at them. In fact, here is a recent (short) conversation that I had with Chenda as her and baby were playing.

*Baby starts crying in other room*
Me: Chenda what are you doing?
Chenda: uhmmmmmmm....
Me: are you being nice??
Chenda: No!

.....
......well, at least she is honest right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment